The Theme of the ball was “Paris, Ooh La La “. Xanadu’s Royal Court represented all things Parisian.
The Xanadu Amusers opened the night of festivities parading down the runway to the sound of Mardi Gras music. Entertainment included Xanadu’s krewe members, the “Xanadudettes” performing various musical numbers.
Reigning over the festivities were Queen Xanadu XXIII, Maggie Trahan Simar, and King Xanadu XXIII, Ebbie James Breaux.
Maggie Trahan Simar is a Family Court Hearing Officer for the sixteenth Judicial District, Parish of St. Martin. She is married to Brannon Todd Simar. They have two children, Kade Ryan Simar and Rebecca Reese Simar.
Ebbie James Breaux is General Manager of DoCo Industrial Insulators, Inc., Co-Owner of Deano’s South, and owner of E & C Supply, LLC. He is married to Christy Do Breaux. They have two children, Ethan Breaux and Christian Breaux.
Xanadu’s Captain, Debbie K. Mills, made her grand entrance as the Eiffel Tower. Debbie is a registered pharmacist. She is married to Senator Fred Mills Jr., Dist. 22, who is also a registered pharmacist. They own Mills’ Cashway Pharmacy. Fred is president of Farmers/Merchants Bank. The couple enjoy two nephews, Matthew Flores and Michael Flores.
In the magical world of Xanadu, anything is possible. Red, gold, black, and white filled the Convention Center. Each member of the Royal Court, Xanadu’s nine Greek Muses, represented something Parisian:
· Phyllis Boudreaux, Polyhymnia, Xanadu’s head Muse, represented French Perfume, and was escorted by Ronnie Navarro.
· A French Artiste from Montmartre was Jeanne Brannon, Thalia, escorted by Wade Brannon.
· Leslie Carbo, Melpomene, was a Parisian Lady on Champs-Elysees, escorted by Kerry Carbo.
· Luxembourg Gardens was Rebecca Coody, Urania, escorted by Greg Coody.
· Amy Hebert, Terpsichore, was a Moulin Rouge Can Can Girl, escorted by Ben Hebert.
· Representing Notre Dame Cathedral was Amanda Judice, Erato, escorted by Gentry Duhon.
· Donna Olivier, Clio, showed Parisian High Fashion, escorted by Neal Olivier.
· Tammy Simoneaux, Eterpe, represented a French Maid, escorted by Michael Fowler.
· Amanda Touchett, Calliope, showed French Lingerie, escorted by Jamie Touchett.
Emcee was Senator Fred Mills, and music was provided by Louisiana Red.
Messengers for the ball were Cade Simar and Rebecca Simar, children of Queen Xanadu XXIII Maggie Breaux. Also Ethan Breaux and Christian Breaux, children of King Xanadu XXIII Ebbie Breaux.
Visiting the court were President of the Greater Southwest Louisiana Mardi Gras Association, William Miles Johnson and his wife Christian Voorhies Johnson.
Also visiting were Lafayette City-Parish President Joey Durel, Jr. and his wife Lynne Durel.